Havtil was notified of this damage by Åsgard operator Equinor on the day it occurred.
Stormy conditions have been blamed for the incident. The remains of a fire cabinet discovered inside the cabin suggests that it was responsible for smashing the window.
Following the decision to investigate the incident, a team of specialists from Havtil has now begun work.
Its investigation will include the following:
- clarifying the course of events and the scope of the incident
- assessing its actual and potential consequences
- assessing its direct and underlying causes
- identifying nonconformities and improvement points related to the regulations
- applying the necessary enforcement powers to correct possible regulatory breaches
- making public the findings
- contributing to experience transfer to and learning by other players in the petroleum sector.
The investigation will be summed up in a report published at havtil.no.