The audit was conducted from 10 May to 19 June 2023.
The objective of the assignment was to audit Equinor's system for identification, planning and remediation of barrier weaknesses in the operations phase.
Follow-up of previous non-conformities
As stated in our audit notice, as part of this audit, we verified how the company has addressed specific previously identified non-conformities and resulting orders. We found that the following non-conformities had not been addressed in line with the company’s feedback:
- Gullfaks B: Non-conformity concerning “Inadequate risk reduction” following audit of 20 February 2020.
- Visund: Non-conformity concerning “Inadequate planning and prioritisation” following audit of 14 January 2021.
We identified two non-conformities, concerning:
- Comprehensive follow-up of barrier weaknesses
- Capacity to repair barrier weaknesses on Åsgard A
We also identified five improvement points, concerning:
- Identification and follow-up of barrier weaknesses (TTS)
- Identification and follow-up of operational and organisational barrier elements
- Barrier management of oscillating fire monitors on Åsgard A
- Barrier management of the firewater pumps on Åsgard A
- Barrier management of the fire water system at Kvitebjørn with requirements for response time to the outermost nozzle
What happens now?
We have asked Equinor to report to us on how the non-conformities will be addressed and for their assessment of the improvement points identified. The reply deadline is set at 21 December 2023.