The audit was conducted on 8 and 9 November 2021 and from 27 to 30 June 2022.
The objective of the audit was to verify how the company handled safety systems in operations, and focused attention on the company’s follow-up of performance requirements applicable to the safety systems, especially SIL in operations, so that the safety level is maintained and improvement measures are implemented where necessary.
The audit identified five regulatory non-conformity, as well as two improvement points. One of the impovement points are exempt from public disclosure, with reference to section 24, 3rd paragraph of the Freedom of Information Act, and they are not described under improvement points.
The audit identified five non-conformities and two improvement points.
The non-conformities included:
- Follow-up of closure time requirements for safety-critical valves
- Maintenance programme for the emergency shutdown system
- Overview of blockages and disconnections in the emergency and process shutdown systems
- Classification of blowout preventer (BOP) and control functions
- Work instructions and procedures
The improvement points included:
- Reliability requirements for blowout preventer (BOP) and control functions
What happens now?
We have asked Equinor to report to us on how the non-conformities will be addressed, and for their assessment of the improvement points observed.