The audit was conducted from 8 to 11 March 2021.
The objective of the audit was to monitor that the operation of electrical facilities and the requirements for responsible persons for electrical facilities are being met in compliance with the regulations. It was also monitored that technical safety systems and processing facilities are being operated and maintained in accordance with the requirements.
In addition, non-conformities from the audit in 2020 of electrical facilities, safety instrumented systems and technical safety on Petrojarl Knarr FPSO were reviewed. We also followed up on the status of measures taken by Altera following the audit in 2016 of the management of the integrity of flexible risers, transfer lines and associated safety equipment.
Ten non-conformities were identified, relating to:
- Rectification of previous non-conformities
- The ventilation systems
- Passive fire protection
- Safety systems
- Evaluation of fire resistance
- Overview of status of safety systems – jumper logs
- Electrical facilities and installations
- Work in and operation of electrical facilities
- Maintenance programme
In addition, three improvement points were identified in connection with:
- Performance standards
- Alarm system and features in CCR
- Deficiencies in technical documentation of the fire and gas system
What happens next?
We have asked Altera to report on how the non-conformities will be addressed. We have also asked the company for their assessment of the improvement points we observed.